Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Garden


Ah, lovely summer.



It's been warm and sunny



and the garden is blooming.



I've been tidying it up, post-spring-bulbs,



and planting some tender plants,



none of which is pictured here.



All of these ones can survive the winter perfectly well.



We've been in this house (and garden) for twenty-seven years. Some plants have got out of hand, and require firm attention with a spade.



I'm not so fond of destructive gardening.



I prefer to fiddle around with flowers


 
or do some gentle weeding.



But I must dig some of the thugs out.



I love irises.



And this humble heuchera gives lots of colour.



It's just as well that winter comes along eventually; gardening takes a lot of time, even in our little plot. But I do love my little bit of paradise.

6 comments:

  1. Your little bit of heaven on earth looks truly splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some beautiful plants. Enjoy the summer days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Twenty-seven years is a long time. We've been in our house for 13 years and that's the longest we've ever lived in one house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:47 pm

    You have beautiful plants. I, too, am very fond of Irises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beauty grows in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are gorgeous flowers! I don't know what most of them are!

    ReplyDelete